31 March 2008

Wednesday, March 26

We took a snowy hike up into the Finnish woods on Wednesday afternoon. My new Patagonia shoes got probably forever ruined, so I am very sad. But other than that, it was a great adventure, full of falling on my butt, getting snow tossed in my face, and climbing a mountain in snow.


Turku Cathedral.





On Wednesday night we took an overnight ferry from Turku, Finland to Stockholm, Sweden. I was admittedly nervous since my last overnight ferry ride was disastrous (seasickness!), but I only had about 2 hours of queasiness. I had to concentrate really hard to stay focused and not get sick, but once I fell asleep, I slept quite well. We saw this interesting sign (see above) and wondered exactly what it meant. Do they keep cats, dogs, cows, and horses on the car level?

Adam's first ever bite of salmon.


1 comment:

A. Wise said...

Nice blog with good photos.